SOME RECENT EMPLOYMENTS
1. Provost, College of Health Sciences, Olabisi Onabanjo University and Chief Medical Director, Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria. 1990-1992
2. Member, Board of Management, Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Nigeria 1988-1992
3. Member, Governing Council of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria.
1990-1993 and 2002-2007
4. Foundation Coordinator, Faculty of Medicine, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria 1985 and 1989
5. External Examiner and Assessor (Academic/Professorial), Accreditation Visitation Panel Member to Several Universities in Nigeria and Ghana 1981-Date
6. Chief Examiner, Faculty of Community Health, West African Postgraduate Medical College 1990-1994
And Chairman, Faculty of Community Health, West African College of Physicians.
7. Honorary Consultant Epidemiologist, Federal Ministry of Health, Abuja. 1976-1997.
8. Member, FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Brucellosis 1985-1992
9. Member, World Health Organization (WHO) study group on Community Based Education for health personnel Nov. 1985 to Dec. 1989
10. Member, World Health Organization (WHO), (Nigeria Office) person of Health Systems Research 1989-1991
11. Principal Investigator for WHO (Geneva) project on Health Development Structures at District Health Systems in Nigeria. 1993-1994
12. Registrar, National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, Lagos. Oct 1992-Sept 1998
13. Senior Consultant and Chief of Department of Microbiology, King Fahd Central Hospital, Gizan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. July 1997 – Dec, 2000
14. Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria
Dec.2005 to Feb 2008
15. Director, Academic Planning, Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago- Iwoye, Ogun State, Nigeria Feb 2008 to 2012.
SOME PREVIOUS FELLOWSHIPS, SCHOLARSHIPS OR GRANTS AND ACADEMIC HONORS.
1. Commonwealth Medical Scholarship in 1972/73 Academic Session for the Postgraduate Dip. Bact. Course at the University of Manchester, U.K
2. World Health Organization Fellowship between August and December, 1976 for the International Certificate Course in Epidemiology and Disease Control in USSR (7 weeks), Czechoslovakia (6 weeks), Geneva (2 weeks) and Egypt (7 weeks) between August and December, 1976.
3. Merit Award by the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (Sept. 2004).
4. Ogun NMA Roll of Honour- Nominated by the Nigerian Medical Association, Ogun State Branch – 26th July, 2005.
Prof Alausa has been involved in various research works in areas including epidemiology, Health management and control of sexually transmitted diseases including HIV/AIDS